TBP’s Friday Favorites: Pesticide-Free Fruit Desserts for Summer
When it comes to strawberries, blueberries, and peaches organic is a must. Otherwise they’re big, juicy, and rich with pesticides. I am vigilant about buying anything that falls in the Dirty Dozen organic. Thank goodness for the EWG’s iPhone app – it’s a quick and easy refresher when I’m browsing the produce aisle. The app even gives you a complete list of 53 fruits and veggies ordered from highest to lowest in pesticides. And, the app is free. Download it now.
Back to baking…
I immediately started thinking about all the berry dishes that are in my future this summer. They’re always a hit at cookouts and picnics.
Here are some of recipes out of my kitchen that have been proven to wow a crowd along with some that are on my ‘gotta’ make that’ list.
From My Kitchen:
- Simple Berry Salad – with one ingredient that makes the berries pop
- Berry Lemonade Green Smoothie – a perfect way to get your greens
- Rustic Blueberry Lemon Cream Scones – love these with a little berry jam
- Banana Blueberry Whipped Gelatin – fancy enough to serve to guests
- Strawberry Ice Cream – a creamy, summer treat & tips for perfect homemade ice cream
Can’t Wait to Whip These Up:
- Strawberry Chia Fluff – Made with those tiny, powerhouse seeds I love so much
- Freeform Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish - I can’t wait to try this vegan, lower-fat cream cheese
- Strawberry Blueberry Pie – The pie crust is gluten-free and gorgeous
- Pear-Peach Crisp – A great way to use up all those juicy Texas peaches
- Red, White & Blue Popsicles – Yep, packed with berries
- Berry Bliss Ice Cream – Dairy-free and creamy
What are your favorite summer fruit desserts? Are they pesticide-free?