TBP’s Friday Favorites: Healthy Easter & Passover Desserts
Who doesn’t love spring? The trees are budding, the grass is starting to turn green, days are warmer, and there’s more sunlight. Everyone is starting to think about summer, swimming pools, vacations, and yes, summer clothes.
With Eater and Passover marking the change in seasons, I thought I’d share some healthy holiday dessert recipes that you can eat (in moderation, of course!) without feeling guilty. You’ll also feel good about sharing these dishes with your friends and family.
As you browse the links you might notice that many of the recipes happen to be from our own TBP contributors. It wasn’t intentional – they just happened to be some of the best gluten-free Easter & Passover desserts out there. It goes to show that TBP has the most talented group of ladies around.
For Chocolate Lovers
A coconut based ganache rich in healthy fats:
- Vegan Chocolate Ganache; refined sugar-free
Sweetened with whole foods:
- Banana Chocolate Cream Pie; refined sugar-free; dairy-free; grain-free
Filled with cashew-based cream which contains important phytonutrients, healthy fats, magnesium, and anti-oxidants:
- Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Easter Eggs; Vegan; ACD friendly; refined sugar-free
- Raw Easter Cream Eggs; vegan; refined sugar-free
To Please Any Crowd
Another cashew and coconut based dessert:
- Vegan Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote; refined sugar-free
Healthier baked goods – all gluten-free:
- Strawberry Shortcake; options for dairy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free, nut-free
- Angel Food Cake; refined sugar-free; dairy-free
- Chocolate Chip & Hazelnut Cookies; grain-free
What’s your favorite dessert for Easter & Passover? Share your recipes in the comments below – we’d love to see what you’re serving this holiday!