Quick and Easy Peach Chia Jam
The Farmer’s Market is overflowing with summer fruit. And that usually means that I purchase way more than I can eat in a week. With the gorgeous bounty before me, I seem to have very little self control! But I have found a quick and easy way to use leftover fruit. Chia Jam!
I first learned about chia jam through Om Nom Ally. She has lovely recipes for Chia Strawberry Jam and Blood Plum Jam. So when I couldn’t eat my way through this delicious bag of fresh Georgia peaches, I knew just what to do.
Make Chia Peach Jam! This jam is delicious spread on crackers, gluten-free bread, drizzled over a fruit salad, or swirled into your favorite smoothie.
Other Fresh Fruit Recipes:
Chia Peach Jam
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups roughly chopped peaches
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons of optional sweetener: maple syrup, agave nectar, honey
- Place chopped peaches and sweetener of your choice in the Vitamix or high-powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl and stir in chia seeds by hand.
- Pour jam into a pint jar, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to thicken.
- This jam will last about a week in the refrigerator, but I’ll bet it will be gone before then!
Heather is a kindergarten teacher by day and a fitness instructor and blogger by night. She writes Gluten-Free Cat and writes about healthy, gluten-free living and shares gluten-free recipes, product reviews, and restaurant reviews on her blog. You can connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.
Read all of Heather’s posts here.