Quick and Easy Mexican Pizzas For a Healthy Weeknight Meal
These Gluten Free and Dairy Free Mexican Pizzas are so quick to throw together and are perfect for a healthy and easy weeknight dinner that even the kids should love.
These days, it seems like getting a meal on the table and then actually getting everyone to sit down and enjoy it together can be close to impossible. We need simple meals that we can get on the table quickly, while still giving our family a healthy dose of nourishing food.
This is one of those meals that I like to throw together when I am in a crunch for time. It is pretty kid friendly and a simple way to sneak some greens into even the pickier eaters in the house.
I use an Allergy-Friendly Pizza Crust or even fresh Corn Tortillas, then top it with these easy toppings. Toss it in the oven for about 10 minutes then top with more fresh greens and you have something that will nourish your family AND get you out of the kitchen quickly.
These days…that is my kind of meal.
Quick and Easy Mexican Pizza Recipe
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 2 Gluten Free Pizza Crusts (such as Udi’s) OR 4-6 Gluten-Free Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Refried Black Beans (such as Amy’s Organic Refried Black Beans)
- 1/2 cup Salsa, choose your favorite allergy friendly version
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded – preferably Organic
- 1 cup frozen or fresh Organic Sweet Corn
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 cups (or more) Micro-greens
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Optional: If you like, you can add 1/2 – 1 cup cheese, preferably Organic – either Dairy or Dairy-free such as Daiya – the cheese can be totally left out here as this is not a cheese based type of pizza
- 1/2 of an Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 – 2 fresh Lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Take the 2 Pizza Crusts and place them on your baking sheet. Spread the refried black beans evenly over each crust. Then top each with the salsa. Then add the dairy or dairy-free cheese if using (this is a very optional ingredient for this recipe). Spread the chicken, corn, red onion, micro-greens, and garlic salt evenly over each pizza.
3. Place baking sheet in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the pizzas are warmed through and the cheese, if using, is melted and beginning to bubble.
4. After removing from oven, place slices of fresh avocado evenly over the pizza, top it all with the fresh cilantro, and then squeeze the lime wedges evenly over the pizzas before serving. Top with even more fresh greens. Enjoy.
You can truly top pizzas with anything. They are a great way to get a variety of vegetables into you and your family. Do you have any unique ideas for pizza toppings?
Kim Maes is the creator of the Cook It Allergy Free iPhone and iPad Apps, which customize recipes to meet multiple food allergy needs. She also writes the recipe blog Cook It Allergy Free, where she shares her passion for teaching others how easy and delicious it can be to eat whole, pure allergy-friendly meals that the entire family will enjoy. Kim went back to receive a Master’s Degree in Holistic Nutrition after her son and her husband were diagnosed with Celiac Disease and other food sensitivities.