Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
I am so excited that it’s fall. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. And this fall is already extra special because my husband’s sister got married last week and we were all in her wedding. The wedding was at Lake George in upstate New York, where the Brozynas have been vacationing for generations. They have had a cabin there since around the 1930′s. It’s been ages since we were there in the fall—since before we had children! It was so great to be there, surrounded by so much love.
We had these pancakes at least three mornings while we were at Lake George, and everyone loved them. I have another pumpkin pancake recipe, but it uses almond flour whereas these are nut-free. I based them on the pancake recipe I make most often. I took this photo of them last week on the picnic table by the lake. The table is wonderfully covered in moss and I couldn’t resist.
What’s your favorite thing to eat in the fall?
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Puree all ingredients in a large bowl, food processor, or blender.
2. Add some coconut oil to a pre-heated skillet.
3. Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the pan. Swirl the batter out with the back of the spoon to make the pancake larger. (I usually make three pancakes at a time in my largest skillet.)
4. Cook each side until pancake is cooked through.
Serves about five people.