Have a Ball with Back to School Lunches | Nut-Free Protein Snacks
My kids favorite lunchbox snacks are ”Energy Balls.” They request them weekly and I am happy to oblige because they are so simple to make and full of great healthy fat, protein, and fiber. These little guys will help keep your kids going through their busy day at school.
These protein balls are also great for getting little helpers in the kitchen. Requiring only a food processor, you really just put the ingredients in the machine and process until a doughy mixture forms. My kids love to help and we take turns as to who gets to turn the food processor ON (because that is a big deal apparently)! Our food processor is quite safe with several safety features making it pretty difficult for the kids to hurt themselves, and I am always there supervising.
I was looking around online for some different nut-free options and decided I would share what I found with you. We don’t tolerate nuts in my house, and I know a lot of schools are now nut-free. I have gathered a bunch of nut-free recipes, but I have found that you can switch up any recipe you find that uses nuts by replacing them with the same amount of seeds; such as these Banana Bread Protein Bites.
My Top 9 Nut-Free Protein Balls
(left to right in image)
- Cranberry-Pumpkin Energy Balls from Fresh4Five
- Cinnamon Sunflower Truffles from Nourishing Meals
- Apple Pie Balls from The Paleo Parents
- Raw Sunny Energy Bites from Zakka Sweet Design
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Energy Bites from Cook It Allergy Free
- Lemon Meltaways from Daily Bites on The Balanced Platter
- Cocoa Kissed Chia Energy Bombs from Natural Noshing
- Cocoa Power Bites from Welcoming Kitchen
- High Protein Snackin’ Orbs from Ricki Heller | A Healthy Lifestyle Can Be Sweet
Danielle Rouse is the creative energy behind the allergy friendly recipe blog, Fresh4Five | Real Food, Fresh Ideas. This mother of three has a passion for nutrition and cooking with fresh and wholesome ingredients. Danielle has become and expert at developing recipes to meet the complex dietary needs of her family. She is currently studying to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Fresh4Five hosts an array of family friendly recipes that are free of Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Nuts and Paleo Friendly.
Read all of Danielle’s posts here.