TBP Friday Faves: August Loves
I am holding onto Summer as long as I can. Both of my babes will be in school in a few weeks, and I’m not quite ready to let them go!
We’re making the most of August, and there’s lots to love about August.
- Root vegetables making their appearance at our Farmer’s Market
- Peach juice dripping from tiny hands.
- The smell of clean clothes coming in off the line.
- Cool night air – makes for lovely sleeping weather!
- Quick suppers using seasonal veggies.
- Garden fresh tomatoes that taste like candy.
- Quiet moments in the early morning with Wayne Dyer’s I AM Wishes Fulfilled Meditation.
- Birthday season – we have family 3 birthdays in the span of 9 days!
- Wild blueberries begging to be baked into muffins.
- The audio version of Caroline Myss’s Channeling Grace: Invoking the Power of the Divine.
- This quote – … If you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. – Roald Dahl
- Cozying up with my babes and a blanket in the morning.
- Healthy lunchbox roundups (two more here and here).
What are you loving this month?
Maggie is a co-founder of The Balanced Platter and is the author of She Let Them Eat Cake where she shares healthy, gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free recipes. She Let Them Eat Cake was born out of Maggie’s intense passion for feeding her friends and family nutritious and delicious food. Maggie has a Bachelor of Education and is currently studying to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) with the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.