Easy Non Alcoholic Summer Drinks & Lemonade Made With Whole Lemons
I just love summer! I don’t know about you, but this is when I enjoy entertaining the most.
Here are four quick, easy, non-alcoholic summer mocktail drink recipes the whole family can enjoy, including amazing ginger lemonade made with whole lemons!
My all-time favorite cocktail is a rustic mojito. For an intimate dinner party, nothing beats these quick easy non-alcoholic mojitos that are zesty, refreshing, and oh, so tasty!
For an afternoon family picnic or BBQ, this sweet cherry limeade is a winner!
For larger crowds, I always make this really tasty non-alcoholic sangria that tastes better the longer you allow the flavors to infuse. You can double and triple the quantities and make an enormous bowl of “punch”.
But, my go-to summer drink recipe is still this delicious homemade ginger lemonade made with whole lemons.
You place a whole seeded lemon into your blender with the other ingredients, and whirl them into a creamy froth. The lemon zest and flesh add a strong, aromatic citrus essence while the freshly grated ginger adds a special zing that makes this gourmet lemonade recipe extraordinary.
Other Refreshing Beverages from The Balanced Platter:
Velvet Ginger Lemonade
- 1 - 2 whole organic lemons well scrubbed cut up and seeds removed
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp of freshly grated ginger, or more to taste
- fresh mint leaves
- 6 – 8 cups of filtered water, sparkling mineral water, or soda water
- Place the agave and lemon juice in a saucepan until dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place this “syrup” in the blender (I use a Vitamix) with the whole lemon (or lemons depending on your taste preference and the size of your lemons) and freshly grated ginger and blend until frothy.
- Stir through the desired amount of water and serve garnished with fresh mint leaves. You could add more freshly grated ginger for an extra punch.
This non-alcoholic drink is so refreshing on a hot Summer’s day. For a cocktail you could always add in some vodka. ENJOY!
What’s YOUR favorite family summer drink recipe?
Tess Masters, AKA “The Blender Girl” writes a quirky blog called Healthy Blender Recipes, sharing super quick and easy allergy friendly vegetarian, vegan, and raw recipes using a blender, mixer or food processor. All of her healthy recipes are gluten free, and utilise whole foods and natural flavourings and sweeteners. Many of the recipes are also dairy free, egg free, nut free, and soy free. You can search for recipes for specific diets or food allergies by using the handy clickable icons on her website.