Cookies & Bars
Christmas can be a time of serious excess when it comes to cookies! If you’re trying to eat a little healthier at the holidays or have dietary restrictions, the cookie tray can be a bit hazardous. We’ve got some fantastic allergy-friendly cookie recipes here to keep your dessert options just a little bit healthier. Enjoy!
- Chewy Chocolate Ginger Cookies (shown top left)
- Chocolate Peppermint Macaroons from Queen of Quinoa
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies from Tasty Eats at Home
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Ginger Snap Cookies from Angela’s Kitchen
- Grain-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies (shown top right)
- Maple Spice Cookies (shown bottom left)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Welcoming Kitchen
- Raw Chocolate Walnut Cookies from Gluten-Free Cat
- Soft Molasses Drop Cookies from Daily Bites Blog
- Spritz Cookies from Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
- Swedish Cardamon Almond Rusks
- Thin Mint Cookies (shown bottom right)
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?
My grandmother baked a lot around the holidays, filling the house with the smells of ginger, vanilla, rosettes, and cookies. While baking gluten free versions of her recipes with my family now, I am drawn back to memories of her kitchen. The scents that are the strongest pull in my mind are almond and cardamon. My grandmother was from a Swedish family, so almond-flavored goodies kissed with cardamon were definitely a high point on the cookie tray. Grandma made the most wonderful cookie we called “Cardamon Toast.” It was a variation of Mandelskorpor, a Swedish almond rusk similar to biscotti. She always added cardamon to the traditional recipe, so I do, too.
Now that my family is gluten and dairy free, I make a different version with my kids. This grain free version is lovely with tea, eggnog, or a strong cup of Swedish coffee just like Grams would have liked. Crisp, and slightly sweet, the almond flavor really shines. I usually keep them plain, but for gifts or for Christmas, I might dress them up with a simple drizzle of vegan white chocolate or a tiny bit of powdered sugar glaze with a touch of almond flavoring.
Gluten Free Swedish Cardamon Almond Rusks are a wonderful snack to keep around during the holidays. They keep well, so they can be made ahead of time. With a stash on hand, you are ready with a treat for last-minute visits from friends and family. These lovely little crisps also travel well, making them perfect for gift giving. Continue reading →
One of my favorite holiday treats is freezer fudge. My grandmother’s freezer was always stocked with tins and tins of homemade fudge and assorted goodies. I blame her for my raging sweet tooth. I can’t tell you how many times in my youth (and adulthood) that I snuck out to the deep freeze to pop a piece of rich chocolatey goodness in my mouth and let it melt slowly on my tongue.
I’ve created this raw fudge recipe in honor of my grandmother this holiday season. It’s vegan, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and very easy to make. All you need is a food processor and a loaf pan.
The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming! Thanksgiving is in just two weeks and I couldn’t be more excited. I really do love Thanksgiving. It’s one of my favorite holidays. The baking, the eating, the time with family…then more eating. Being in the kitchen, cooking with my mom, that’s my favorite part.
With all of the baking I’ll be doing between Thanksgiving and Christmas, sometimes I just want to make something that is quick and easy. A recipe that doesn’t require any baking. I first created these chocolate chip cookie dough bites and then shared a recipe for an oatmeal raisin version (which might be my fave). These dark chocolate cherry are pretty fantastic too. There are so many varieties of these little treats and they couldn’t be easier to make!
Now I’ve gone and made chocolate peppermint cookie dough bites! Chocolate and peppermint, is there a better combination? You will love these little bites of yumminess. They are gluten, dairy, and egg free. Your kids can help you make them too. Getting in the kitchen and getting creative with your family and friends is a precious thing. Creating those memories, that’s what the holidays are all about!
- check it out on Juices and Smoothies on a Busy Schedule: Oahu is the ideal time to manufacture a several plans for...
- dog food suppliers on Homemade Striped Fruit Snacks: Many dog-food suppliers pay their advertising companies quite...
- fuelband se or fitbit flex on Homemade Striped Fruit Snacks: The workout can be done as effortlessly with weight...
- psiquico economico on Homemade Striped Fruit Snacks: Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my weblog thus i got here...
- archive manager software on Homemade Striped Fruit Snacks: An ANSI document has a size limit of 2GB (highest) while a...