The holidays present a quandry. There’s the desire to give gifts from the heart and the absolute time crunch of shopping, cooking, cleaning, and of course partying that dominate this time of year.
What can a well-meaning gift giver do?
Make your own candies! Homemade chocolates are delicious, and because they come from your own hands they are definitely a personal gift. Best of all, homemade chocolates look impressive, but are actually pretty easy to pull off. Keeping the ingredients simple ensures that you can give a tasty gift that even friends with dietary restrictions can enjoy.
These Peppermint Chocolates have a minty ganache filling inside a crisp chocolate exterior.
When you dream of Thanksgiving, what food pops into your head? For me, it’s pumpkin pie. Always.
And it’s because of my mom. She makes the best pumpkin pie on the planet.
Ever since I was a little girl, every Fall when the sugar pumpkins hit the markets, it meant pumpkin pie. And every last bite was like a piece of heaven. It’s always been my favorite time of year.
But what if you’re not a pumpkin pie fan? What if you don’t feel like making a allergy-friendly pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving? I’m a pumpkin lover no matter what, so here are a few new ways to enjoy this wonderful ingredient, but skipping the pie.
Thanksgiving is one week away! It’s that time of year when we turn to our old family favorites and look for new recipes that inspire us to try something different in the kitchen. If you’re looking to add some healthier dishes to your Thanksgiving meal, take a look at this collection of recipes!
- Butternut Squash and Apple Salad
- Green Beans with Smoky Pecans from Tasty Eats at Home
- Herbed Split Pea Soup from Gluten-Free Cat
- Orange Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Pecans
- Potato Boats with “Sour Cream” and Herbs from Ricki Heller
- Quinoa Stuffing from Queen of Quinoa
- Roasted Green Bean Salad with Citrus-Balsalmic Reduction from Ricki Heller
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Garlic and Thyme
- Rutabega Gratin from Ricki Heller
- Wild Rice Sweet Potato Salad with Pepitas
Gravy, Salad Dressings, & Sauces
- Cranberry Sauce with Apples and Pears
- Make-Ahead, Gluten-Free Turkey Gravy
- Creamy Caesar Dressing (dairy-free)
- Sweet Dijon Salad Dressing
Desserts, Pies & Pie Crusts
- Black Bottom Almond Mousse Pie with Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
- Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- Cranberries & Cream Tart with Chocolate Crust from Daily Bites Blog
- Crispy Apple Crisp from Welcoming Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Flaky Pie Crust from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Maple Pecan Tart from Daily Bites Blog
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Gluten-Free Cat