Beat the Heat with 20 Frozen Treats
So it’s been over 90 degrees the past three days in Vermont. That’s not normal. While many of you may be used to a steady summer temp of 100 degrees +, for us Northeasteners it’s hard to beat the heat. Especially since it’s so humid. I think “ugh” is the most common word out of my mouth these days.
When it’s this hot, there’s only one thing (well maybe a few others) that I’m dying for and that’s ice cream. I love ice cream. Every single thing about it is spectacular. It’s cool, creamy, rich and delicious. It’s sweet and brings a smile a smile to my face with every bite. It’s just…yummy.
So instead of sharing just one frozen treat with you today, I’d thought I’d take a moment and bring you a bunch of different recipes that will let you break free of this awful heat wave and stay cool in the July sunshine.
Sit back, relax and enjoy!
- Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream (pictured above) from Minimalist Baker
- Mini “Oatmeal” Raisin Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies from Daily Bites
- Snickerdoodle Ice Cream from Daily Bites
- Chocolate Banana Soft Serve from Queen of Quinoa
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Coconut Crunch Coated Ice Cream Balls with Dark Caramel Sauce from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Soft Serve Healthy “Bluster” with Chocolate Crunch & Chocolate Drizzle (pictured above) from Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Cherry Chunk Protein Ice Cream from Healthful Pursuit
- Vegan Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream from Cara’s Cravings
- Peanut Butter & Roasted Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches (pictured at top of post) from Queen of Quinoa
- “Instant” Pumpkin Ice Cream from Against All Grain
- Peach Basil Sangria Sorbet from Beard & Bonnet
- Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches from Karen Morgan
- Creamy Chocolate Avocado Fudciscles (pictured above) from Tasty Yummies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles from Tasty Yummies
- Avocado & Pear Pops from Spunky Coconut
- Firecracker Ice Pop – (pictured above) from The Corner Kitchen. To make DF, I would just substitute the yogurt to you favorite variety of non-dairy yogurt
- Vegan Banana Split Popsicles from Healthful Pursuit
- Dairy-Free Peach Yogurt Ice Cream Pops from Lexie’s Kitchen
- Smoothie Pops from Kim Lutz
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Ice Pops (pictured below) from Kim Lutz, Balanced Platter
Alyssa is the quinoa-obsessed girl behind the gluten-free website, Queen of Quinoa. She loves experimenting with nutritious and whole-food ingredients, and hopes to show the everyday home chef that cooking and eating gluten-free can not only be healthy, but also delicious and fun. Alyssa is also the author behind the popular ebook, Baking with Quinoa, which features scrumptious gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free treats.
Read all of Alyssa’s posts here.